Austin State Supported Living Center
Austin State Supported Living Center (formerly the Austin State School) is home to 175 residents with intellectual and developmental disabilities, ranging in age from 26-87. The center provides a beautiful living environment and a wide range of individualized training and recreational programs.
The Austin State Supported Living Center provides aid and support to individuals in order to increase their independence and improve their quality of life. The residents receive comprehensive medical and psychiatric services; occupational, speech and physical therapies; vocational and life skills training; recreation activities; community inclusion outings; and much more.
A short description of your service. Lorem ipsm dolor amet, consec tetur adipis cing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incid idunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exer citation ullamco la enim lorem isae ni.
Liz Belile- Sister and Guardian
An article written by a sister and guardian of her disabled sister who lives at the Austin SSLC. The article was written back in 2017 when the Sunset Commission recommended a closure study for the SSLCs. Here is her sister’s story.
Come take a tour and meet some special people
Friends of Austin State Supported Living Center
The Friends of AuSSLC is the center’s affiliated yet independent non profit dedicated to supporting the residents and staff. They fulfill their mission to improve residents’ quality of life by:
- Maintaining financial resources for special needs
- supporting volunteer recruitment efforts
- Encouraging and supporting living center staff through morale-raising activities
- Providing education to the public about the Friends and the living center’s population
- Supporting the continuous beautification and enhancement of the homes and facility at the Austin State Supported Living Center.
- They recruit volunteers, raise money, publish newsletters, hold special events, and have fun!
Austin State Supported Living Center (AuSSLC) Family/Guardian Association
The Austin State Supported Living Center (AuSSLC) Family/Guardian Association advocates on behalf of the residents of the AuSSLC in all matters concerning the care, support, and well-being of those residents.
The Family Guardian Association provides support and education to family members and guardians and informs members of advocacy ongoing efforts.